Wednesday 13 September 2017

Unlock full features of the Radioddity GD-77 software

Here is a very quick post on unlocking the Radioddity GD-77 software.

Many of the features of the software are locked down in this software, supposedly to protect us from making the radio completely inoperable. However I know there are a couple of settings you may like to change, for instance you may like to change the boot screen to show your call sign (I know I did). The problem is that even this most basic and desirable setting is locked out in the software, does that sound like it is for your protection? No it doesn't to me either, in fact I think it's a good thing to be able to do in case you lose your radio etc for identification purposes. Imagine you are at your local club and someone that has a radio the same as you picks yours up by mistake, you can simply just turn on the radio and you will see the call sign of the owner saving them and you from taking home the wrong radio.

Well here is how you can unlock the software to make those "unsafe" changes.
Remember that this procedure needs to be done every time you open the software as it does not unlock it permanently like you would hope it to do or expect it to do.

  1. Open the software (I know that's obvious but I have included this for completion)
  2. Press all of these four keys AT THE SAME TIME - CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + F11 yes it seems like you need to have three hands but it is possible.
  3. If you have done step 2 correctly you will be presented with a window asking for a password. If not then do step 2 again until you get the password window.
  4. In this password window enter this password without the quotes "DMR961510" and then press enter.
  5. You can now make these prohibited/unsafe changes.
I AM ONLY PROVIDING THESE STEPS TO HELP YOU MAKE CHANGES WHERE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IMPROPER USE OF THE ABOVE CAN CAUSE YOU AND OTHERS PROBLEMS. I DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU CAUSE YOURSELF, TO OTHERS OR TO YOUR RADIO.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. Able to modify items I couldn't before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome. I struggled to find this info so as I could modify items needed (mostly at the time) for amateur use. I posted this here in the hope that it would make that easier for anybody else.

    ReplyDelete